The Quaternary Geology team collects, studies, archives, and makes available Quaternary geology information to aid in environmental studies for earth and groundwater protection and locating industrial minerals and groundwater. Research activities include:
- characterizing and mapping Quaternary deposits
- providing a framework for the classification and correlation of Quaternary deposits
- studing Quaternary climate change and the paleoenvironment
- studing glacial sedimentary processes
- studying the geological evolution of coastal environments, such as beaches, dunes, barrier islands, wetlands, and estuaries
For more information about the Quaternary Period and glacial geology and history visit the Geology Resources page.