- PhD Geology 1980, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS Geology 1975, Michigan State University, East Lansing
- BS Geology 1973, Teacher's Training College, Tehran
- Petroleum geology/reservoir characterization
- Petrography of carbonates and siliciclastic deposits
- Facies and depositional history of carbonate and siliciclastic deposits
- Sequence stratigraphy and sea-level history of Phanerozoic successions
- Characterization of the Siluro-Devonian carbonate reservoirs in central Illinois.
- Facies analysis and sequence stratigraphic framework of the Cambrian and Lower Ordovician deposits in the Illinois Basin.
- Facies and sea level history of the L-M Cambrian deposits of the northern passive margin of Gondwana (international collaboration with Kurdistan University, Sanandaj, Iran).
Sellected Recent Publications
Lasemi, Y., 2014. Central Illinois shows Siluro-Devonian oil potential. Oil & Gas Journal, V. 112.3, pp. 49-60.
Lasemi, Y., Askari, Z., 2014. Stratigraphy of the Cambo-Ordovician Knox succession in Illinois. DOE Knox Project Final Contract Report, 40p.
Lasemi, Y., Jahani, D., Amin-Rasouli, H., Lasemi, Z., 2012. Ancient Carbonate Tidalites. In: Principles of Tidal Sedimentology, R. A. Davis and R. W. Dalrymple (eds.), Springer Science, pp. 567-607.
Lasemi, Y., Seyler, B., Lasemi, Z., Askari Khorasgani, Z. 2010. Sedimentology and Reservoir Characterization of the Silurian Deposits in the Mt. Auburn Trend of the Sangamon Arch, West-Central Illinois. Illinois State Geological Survey Circular 577, 33 p.
Lasemi, Y., Jalilian, A. H., 2010. The Middle Jurassic basinal deposits of the Surmeh Formation in the Central Zagros Mountains, southwest Iran: facies, sequence stratigraphy, and controls. Carbonates and Evaporites, V. 25: pp. 283-295.
Lasemi, Y., 2009. Oil potential seen in Silurian reef-related reservoirs in Illinois Sangamon Arch, Oil & Gas Journal, V. 107, pp. 36-40.
Kavoosi, M.A., Lasemi, Y., Sherkati, S., Moussavi-Harami, R., 2009. Facies analysis and depositional sequences of the Upper Jurassic Mozduran Formation, a carbonate reservoir in the Kopet Dagh Basin, NE Iran. J of Petroleum Geology, V. 32, pp. 235-259.
Lasemi, Y., 2008. Silurian carbonate reservoirs of the Mount Auburn Trend along the Sangamon Arch, west-central Illinois. DOE Lower Paleozoic Final Contract Report, 35p.
Lasemi, Y. Noorafkan Kondtoud, K., 2008. Sequence stratigraphic control on prolific HC reservoir development, southwest Iran. Oil & Gas Journal, V. 106, pp. 34-38.
Lasemi, Y., Ghomashi, M., Amin-Rasouli, H., Kheradmand, A., 2008. The Lower Triassic Sorkh Shale Formation of the Tabas Block: Succession of a failed-rift basin at the Paleotethys margin: Carbonates and Evaporites, V. 23. pp. 21-38.
Lasemi, Y., Amin-Rasouli, H., 2007. Archaeocyathan buildups within an entirely siliciclastic succession: New discovery in the Toyonian Lalun Formation of northern Iran, the Proto- Paleotethys passive margin of northern Gondwana. Sedimentary Geology V. 201, pp. 302-320.