Christopher P. Korose
- M.S. Geography; University of Illinois, 2010
- B.S. Geology; University of Illinois, 1996
- GIS analysis and geological mapping
- Cartographic products and online interactive maps
- GIS/database development and programming
- Coal and petroleum resource data
- Geologic carbon sequestration
- Illinois Basin stratigraphy and geology
- Mine geology
- Assist and advise teams in the creation of new coal/petroleum geology and carbon storage-related GIS datasets, map products, and reports
- Assist team with coal data acquisition, core descriptions, mine visits; develop and maintain databases; respond to requests for coal resource and mined-area information
- Led GIS study to update results pertaining to The Proximity of Underground Mines to Urban and Developed Lands in Illinois
- Manage GIS data and coordinate regional mapping tasks for a three-state geologic carbon sequestration study (MGSC)
- Design spatial data processing models and help calculate regional CO2 storage resource estimates for multiple geologic reservoirs
- Provide sequestration project data via the U.S. DOE's distributed national carbon sequestration geospatial data portal (NATCARB) and Carbon Utilization and Storage Atlas
- Devise automated mapping solutions to aid near-surface monitoring efforts at the Illinois Basin - Decatur Project carbon storage site
Korose, C. P., R. A. Locke II, C. S. Blakley, and C. H. Carman, 2014, Integration of near-surface monitoring information using ArcGIS at the Illinois Basin – Decatur Project, USA, Energy Procedia, Vol. 63, pp. 3945-3955.
Monson, C. C., C. P. Korose, and S. M. Frailey, 2014, Screening methodology for regional scale CO2 EOR and storage using economic criteria, Energy Procedia, Vol. 63, pp. 7796-7808.
Louchios, A., S. Elrick, C. Korose, and P. Wise, 2013 Revision, Coal Industry in Illinois, Illinois State Geological Survey, Illinois Map 13, scale 1:500,000.
Korose, C.P. and S.D. Elrick, 2010, Coal Geology of Illinois, update in 2010 Keystone Coal Industry Manual, Coal Age, Mining Media International, Jacksonville, FL, pp. 456-467.
Korose, C. P., A.G. Louchios, S.D. Elrick, 2009, The Proximity of Underground Mines to Urban and Developed Lands in Illinois, Illinois State Geological Survey Circular 575, 92 p.
Mastalerz, M., J. Rupp, A. Drobniak, S. Harpalani, A. Anderson, C. Korose, S. Frailey, and D. Morse, 2009, Assessment of CO2 sequestration and enhanced coalbed methane potential in unminable coal seams of the Illinois Basin, in M. Grobe, J. C. Pashin, and R. L. Dodge, eds., Carbon dioxide sequestration in geological media—State of the science: AAPG Studies in Geology 59, pp. 149– 171.
Knepp, R., S. Frailey, J. Grube, B. Seyler, D. Garner, C. Korose, B. Huff, J. Damico, and S. Rittenhouse, 2009, CO2 sequestration and enhanced oil recovery potential in Illinois Basin oil reservoirs, in M. Grobe, J. C. Pashin, and R. L. Dodge, eds., Carbon dioxide sequestration in geological media—State of the science: AAPG Studies in Geology 59, pp. 61 – 86.
Korose, C. P., S. D. Elrick, R. J. Jacobson, 2003, Availability of the Colchester Coal for Mining in Northern and Western Illinois, Illinois State Geological Survey Illinois Minerals 127, 21 p.
Korose, C. P., C. G. Treworgy, R. J. Jacobson, S. D. Elrick, 2002, Availability of the Danville, Jamestown, Dekoven, Davis, and Seelyville Coals for Mining in Selected Areas of Illinois, Illinois State Geological Survey Illinois Minerals 124, 44 p.
Treworgy, C. G., C. P. Korose, C. L. Wiscombe, 2000, Availability of the Herrin Coal for Mining in Illinois, Illinois State Geological Survey Illinois Minerals 120, 54 p.
Treworgy, C. G., C. P. Korose, C. A. Chenoweth, D. L. North, 1999, Availability of the Springfield Coal for Mining in Illinois, Illinois State Geological Survey Illinois Minerals 118, 43 p.