Barbara J. Stiff, M.S.
Quaternary and Engineering Geology Section
Phone: 217-244-2510 • Fax: 217-244-2785
- Quaternary Geology Staff Page
- Compilation of GIS data for the Quaternary in Illinois
- Distribution and characterization of materials for the Illinois Episode glaciation
- Coalition mapping in Lake County
- Development of a working database for Quaternary mappers
- Database Management Coordinating Committee
Stiff, B.J. and A.K. Hansel, in press, Quaternary glaciations in Illinois: in Extent and Chronology of Glaciations (volume with CD ROM containing global data sets), Jehlers, J and P.L. Gibbards, Eds., INQUA Commission on Glaciation, Work Group 5: J. Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Stiff, B.J., 2003, A working database for mapping and modeling in Illinois: in Digital mapping techniques '02: Workshop proceedings, Soller, D. R. (editor):(U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report, OF-02-0370, p. 214.
Hansel, A.K. and B.J. Stiff, 2001, Contrasting records of the Wisconsin and Illinois glacial episodes in Illinois: Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, v. 33, no. 4, p. A18.
Surficial Deposits of Illinois, 2000, digitally adapted by Barbara J. Stiff: Illinois State Geological Survey Open File Map 2000-7 (1:500,000).
Stiff, Barbara and A.K. Hansel, 1999, Utility of digital geologic data in addressing outreach request: Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, v. 31, no.5, p. A74.
Ordering information for Illinois State Geological Survey Publications.
Updated 10/10/2011 SLD